Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Captain America Shield Pillow

So a few months back I seen this picture of a Captain America shield that was a blanket and I knew that I wanted to make one, but I didn't have the right yarn or hook. It calls for super bulky yarn and hook size N. Well I had decided I would wait to make it since I didn't have all the proper materials. I finally decided I was just going to make it anyway and use worsted weight (4) yarn and a J crochet hook. It didn't turn out near as big as it should have but I was okay with that because I made it into a pillow. I made two of the shields and then whip stitched them together then stuffed it with fiber fill. My son absolutely loves it and I'm glad I decided to go ahead and make it. I may be making another real soon for a Christmas gift. The link for the pattern is  http://www.allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com/Round/Captain-America-Inspired-Crochet-Blanket/ml/1/?utm_source=ppl-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hookedoncrochet20160916

No comments:

Post a Comment